My Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) has been posted. As of right now you can start adding your questions over at http://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comments/2h8ooh, (or, for your mnemonic convenience, http://schlock.us/ama01)
I’ll begin posting my answers at around 7pm Eastern time.
Page proofs and slipcase blanks arrived this morning. Hey, look what I can build!
Book 11 (Massively Parallel) and the 6-11 slipcase (Munitions Canister 2) are go for printing along with a re-print of the 1-5 slipcase (Munitions Canister 1.) This means we’re about to spend five digits of dollars on printing, and that digit in the 10,000’s place is not a one, and might not get to be a two.
On a related note, pre-orders for Book 11, both slipcases, and the 2015 calendar will all open on October 15th (Patreon supporters will be able to pre-order starting on October 13th.)
I’m at Salt Lake Comic Con this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!
Schlock Mercenary merchandise will be in booth 1600, but that number is misleading. We’re at the west end of Aisle 700, right across from The Pie Pizzeria booth. My full schedule is below, but the booth will be staffed the whole time the expo hall is open.
- 1:00pm-5:30pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600 – I’ll sign and sketch in books at no charge. If it gets slow, I’ll be penciling and inking strips. Come watch me work!
- 6:00pm-6:50pm: Room 251 – Choose Your Own Apocalypse! It’s an audience-participation game show type thing in which each of the panelists tries to woo the audience over to their point of view.
- 7:00pm-8:00pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600 – signing, sketching, and working on the comic.
- 10:00am-noon: Booth 1600
- 12:00pm-12:50pm: Room 150G – XDM: Xtreme Dungeon Mastery and the Xtreme Player Codex, with Tracy and Curtis Hickman
- 1:00pm-1:50pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 2:00pm-2:50pm: Room 255C – Inside Schlock Mercenary! All that behind-the-scenes stuff… ask me anything!
- 3:00pm-4:00pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 5:00pm-5:50pm: Room 251a – Writing and Mental Health with Robison Wells.
- 6:00pm-8:00pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 8:00pm-8:50pm: Room250a – Guardians of the Galaxy: Post-Mortem (I guess my movie reviewing makes me an expert?)
- 10:00am-11:00am: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 11:00am-11:50am: Publishing, Marketing, and Making a Living from a Digital Comic Book
- 12:00pm-3:00pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 4:00pm-4:50pm: Room 255F – Writing Humor: Learning to be Funny on the Page
- 5:00pm-6:00pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 7:00pm-7:50pm: Room 255F – Writing Excuses Unplugged, with Brandon Sanderson and Dan Wells.
It’s going to be a very busy show for me. I’m sharing booth space with Brian McClellan, so even when I’m not on stage I’ll probably be goofing off in entertaining ways.
I probably shouldn’t promise that. But come see us!
Salt Lake Comic Con is less than a week way. I still don’t know my actual booth number, mostly because Sandra handles that stuff and I wasn’t paying attention, but it’s not the booth I want to call your attention to.
Robison Wells and I will be doing a panel together called “Writing and Mental Health.” We did this at SLCC Fan Experience in April with Peter Wacks and Bree Despain, and the response was overwhelmingly positive. I did a reading from “No. I’m Fine.” which was not yet publicly available.
It’s publicly available now. Whether or not you’re going to be at Salt Lake Comic Con, you can find all the ebook versions right here. And if you are going to be at Salt Lake Comic Con, you should consider attending Writing and Mental Health at 5pm on Friday in room 251a.
This will be a very open discussion. The Q&A we had in April was an amazing experience–definitely the sort of thing we want to have happen again. We’d love to see you there.