I’ll be at GenCon Indy this week. I’m sharing space with Jim Zub (Skullkickers, Avengers: No Surrender, Wayward) at booth 1649 in the exhibit hall. It’s a huge place, so here’s a map:
We’ll have loads of merchandise, including Planet Mercenary books, Seventy Maxims books, and of course Schlock Mercenary books, including the latest volume, Random Access Memorabilia.
I’ll also have a portfolio containing close to a hundred pieces of original Munchkin: Starfinder artwork, some of which will be available for purchase.
(We won’t have copies of the game, but if you bring your copy to the booth I can deface it.)
And speaking of Munchkin: Starfinder, I’ll be playing the game at the Worldbuilders charity event on Friday evening, and I’ll be hanging out in the Munchkin Tavern on Saturday.
Here’s my full schedule of events OUTSIDE booth 1649.
- 10:00am, Austin (Downtown Marriott, 2nd floor)—Crafting Humor for the Page (a solo presentation in which I unpack my joke-refinement toolbox for you, and explain how this stuff works)
- 10:00am, Ballroom (Downtown Marriott, 2nd floor)—Writing Excuses recording sessions (including one with James S.A. Corey of THE EXPANSE)
- 4:00pm, Atlanta (Downtown Marriott, 2nd floor)—Urban Fantasy, Why So Serious? (I’m moderating a panel discussion)
- 6:00pm, Rooms 9 & 10 (J.W Marriott Ballroom)—Worldbuilders Party
- 12:00pm, Atlanta (Downtown Marriott, 2nd floor)—AMA (“Ask Me Anything”) with Howard and Sandra (come and ask us anything!)
- 7:00pm, Munchkin Tavern (Tavern on South, 423 W. South Street) — Signing and sketching and stuff
If you catch up with me at the booth, you may get to watch me draw Schlock Mercenary comics. I’m bringing a week of scripts with me (the week of August 26th through September 1st,) because this is how I go for eighteen years without failing to update.