Well, I just scripted 8 days of Schlock Mercenary in one sitting. It’s pretty grueling work, you know.
It may not SOUND like much, but the strictures I place on this comic, especially surrounding plot points like I’ve got going right now, make it dang difficult.
The goal: explain a complex spatial/hyperspatial puzzle in one week’s worth of scripts, thus moving the plot forward.
The hurdles: only four panels on weekdays, punchlines required every day, and no out-of-character cabbaging.
The result: I had to add a Sunday strip to the end of the mini-arc to get everything said, but it all came out pretty nicely. I still need to sit down with Chalain (who cannot be bribed to reveal what he knows, so don’t try) and make sure it scans well, but it passed the Sandra test.
I’ve got two weeks of coloring queued up in front of me, and now there are eight days of scripts awaiting my inky-sloppy ministrations. It’s time to get busy, even though it feels like I’ve been busy ALL DAY.