I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. I’d tried for a couple of hours to write Schlock Mercenary scripts, and it just wasn’t working. Lying in bed I realized that I was fast coming up on a WORSE situation than the one I came home to last week: If I didn’t have scripts soon, the buffer would drop to two, and I wouldn’t have anything to draw on.
Fortunately, things broke loose this morning. I scripted a week, and after a break for lunch, I came back and pencilled the whole week. Here it is now, not even 4pm, and I have a full week scripted and pencilled and ready for inks. My goal, ambitious though it is, is to have these all inked and colored 24 hours from now.
My hand is a little tired at the moment, but I’m pretty sure that I can get four or five of the nine rows inked this evening. This is do-able, and if I do it I will have cranked out an entire week of schlock in two days. And that’s the speed I need to be able to work at. The days of single-digit buffers must end forever.
The “turbo-schlock” icon seems appropriate for this post.