– got up at 6:30 and helped make breakfast
– wrote three tricky scripts that had been stuck for more than a week
– outlined a week of comics (in my head, but that still counts)
– went shopping
– spent 90 minutes at the gym doing both resistance and cardio
– ate a salad
– took a power-nap (not a “can’t stand up anymore” nap)
– penciled two strips
– inked six rows of comics (four days’ worth)
– did assorted business tasks
– wrote this
And during all that time I didn’t once feel like I was going to fall down because I wasn’t getting enough air.
I will concede the following:
– maybe my determination to get better coincided with actually getting better
– maybe my illness was just laziness and depression
– maybe the improved air quality had something to do with it
You know what? I don’t care. That thing I’ve got on right now? It’s my game face. I have my boots on and a pen in my hand, so if things need kicked and names need taken, I’m up to the task.
It’s nice to be back.