Pre-orders for Schlock Mercenary: Massively Parallel, the eleventh in the current series, will open on Wednesday, October 15th, at around 8:00 AM Mountain time.
This is the largest Schlock Mercenary book we’ve ever done. 255 full-color pages, lots of new margin art and footnotes, and a 13 page bonus story that features my writing atop art from me, Brenda Hickey, Keliana Tayler, and Travis Walton.
We’re also going to be opening pre-orders for the 2015 calendar at the same time. This will save you money on shipping, but wait, there’s more. (Because there’s always but-wait-there’s-more.)
The slipcase for books 6 through 11 is part of this same print run. Yes, the slipcase, Massively Parallel, and the calendar will all fit inside a single flat-rate postage box. And if you haven’t yet grabbed Book 10, Longshoreman of the Apocalypse, that’ll fit too!
Do you not yet have a slipcase for the first five books? Well, we reprinted those, so they’ll be back in stock. Yes, we’ll have boxed-set bundles available for the first five books as well as for books 6 through 11, and you’ll also be able to buy empty slipcases. (Of course, the bundle prices miiiight tempt you into buying full slipcases, and then giving the extra books to a friend.)
My Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) has been posted. As of right now you can start adding your questions over at http://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comments/2h8ooh, (or, for your mnemonic convenience, http://schlock.us/ama01)
I’ll begin posting my answers at around 7pm Eastern time.
Page proofs and slipcase blanks arrived this morning. Hey, look what I can build!
Book 11 (Massively Parallel) and the 6-11 slipcase (Munitions Canister 2) are go for printing along with a re-print of the 1-5 slipcase (Munitions Canister 1.) This means we’re about to spend five digits of dollars on printing, and that digit in the 10,000’s place is not a one, and might not get to be a two.
On a related note, pre-orders for Book 11, both slipcases, and the 2015 calendar will all open on October 15th (Patreon supporters will be able to pre-order starting on October 13th.)
I’m at Salt Lake Comic Con this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!
Schlock Mercenary merchandise will be in booth 1600, but that number is misleading. We’re at the west end of Aisle 700, right across from The Pie Pizzeria booth. My full schedule is below, but the booth will be staffed the whole time the expo hall is open.
- 1:00pm-5:30pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600 – I’ll sign and sketch in books at no charge. If it gets slow, I’ll be penciling and inking strips. Come watch me work!
- 6:00pm-6:50pm: Room 251 – Choose Your Own Apocalypse! It’s an audience-participation game show type thing in which each of the panelists tries to woo the audience over to their point of view.
- 7:00pm-8:00pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600 – signing, sketching, and working on the comic.
- 10:00am-noon: Booth 1600
- 12:00pm-12:50pm: Room 150G – XDM: Xtreme Dungeon Mastery and the Xtreme Player Codex, with Tracy and Curtis Hickman
- 1:00pm-1:50pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 2:00pm-2:50pm: Room 255C – Inside Schlock Mercenary! All that behind-the-scenes stuff… ask me anything!
- 3:00pm-4:00pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 5:00pm-5:50pm: Room 251a – Writing and Mental Health with Robison Wells.
- 6:00pm-8:00pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 8:00pm-8:50pm: Room250a – Guardians of the Galaxy: Post-Mortem (I guess my movie reviewing makes me an expert?)
- 10:00am-11:00am: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 11:00am-11:50am: Publishing, Marketing, and Making a Living from a Digital Comic Book
- 12:00pm-3:00pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 4:00pm-4:50pm: Room 255F – Writing Humor: Learning to be Funny on the Page
- 5:00pm-6:00pm: Expo Hall, Booth 1600
- 7:00pm-7:50pm: Room 255F – Writing Excuses Unplugged, with Brandon Sanderson and Dan Wells.
It’s going to be a very busy show for me. I’m sharing booth space with Brian McClellan, so even when I’m not on stage I’ll probably be goofing off in entertaining ways.
I probably shouldn’t promise that. But come see us!